Enhanced Efficiency Fertilizers
ICL Innovation- ICL's technology Incubator seeks Advanced Fertilizers for various application methods to supplement ICL's plant nutrition solutions, with a focus on fertigation and foliar applications.
We are interested in
Any highly efficient, low cost fertilization technologies that target mainly intensive as well as large crops. The following are examples of such technologies:
- Efficient transport of nutrients to the plant phloem
- Advanced nutrients and micro-nutrients formulations including chelates for foliar, fertigation and controlled release applications for improved uptake
- Low cost nutrient delivery system
- Nano technology to enhance nutrition efficacy
- Specialty fertilizers for advanced fertigation techniques
- Soluble slow release nutrients for foliar application
- Nitrification inhibitors
- Technologies to increase nutrients use efficiency over time
- Cost- the agro industry is a highly price sensitive market and technologies should be economical in Agro terms
- Loading- The fertilizers should comprise at least 85% of the final product (w/w)
- Performance in real life conditions- release profile, cross effects etc.
- Feasibility of application using mostly existing machinery and following established practices
- Regulatory considerations
Information on ICL's current product line can be found in the ICL Specialty Fertilizers web page.
As a technology incubator, ICL Innovation is looking only for innovative technologies that may be further developed and commercialized through a business unit in ICL.
- Full funding for selected technologies
- Analytical laboratories, pilot facilities and high level R&D teams based on IMI TAMI- ICL's research and development institute
- A business unit within ICL Specialty Fertilizers as an industrial commercialization partner
- Funded research
- Exclusive IP licensing
- Joint development